Top 11 Romance Novels
Having done my top 11 pop songs and movies, I think I should probably do my top 11 romance novels. Seeing I am a romance writer and all!
Again these aren’t in any particular order and I haven’t included classics although obviously Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights are all masterpieces of the romance genre. And I haven’t listed Dorothy Dunnett’s Lymond series, not because they aren’t romance (and everything else you can think of as well) but because they deserve a whole column to themselves. At least one!
- LORD OF SCOUNDRELS by Loretta Chase
- MR. IMPOSSIBLE by Loretta Chase
- FLOWERS FROM THE STORM by Laura Kinsale
- THE SHADOW AND THE STAR by Laura Kinsale
- AS YOU DESIRE by Connie Brockway
- A ROSE AT MIDNIGH by Anne Stuart
- WELCOME TO TEMPTATION by Jennifer Crusie
- IN THE MIDNIGHT RAIN by Ruth Wind
- SCARLET KISSES by Patricia Camden
- THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL by Teresa Denys
- A COUNTESS BELOW STAIRS by Eva Ibbotson
This was really tough! I could do a top 11 with just my favorite books by Loretta Chase and Laura Kinsale. Every writer I’ve mentioned has a wonderful backlist from which I could easily have made other choices for the list. Isn’t it great to think how rich and varied the romance genre is?